Our quality program has been focused on alignment of our operational, regulatory, and programmatic work with our partners at UCH, SOM, and CU Medicine (formerly UPI).
Operational activities include:
- improving timely communication of discharge summaries to meet an enterprise-wide goal of 72 hours;
- compiling divisional or clinical unit-based dashboards;
- providing analytic support to divisions to assist in monitoring of performance metrics; and
- performance improvement projects stemming from our M & M conferences.
Regulatory activities include:
- selection of metrics for ongoing professional performance evaluation (OPPE) and establishing reliable workflows for manual and electronic data collection for this effort;
- assistance in achievement of meaningful use metrics; and
- participating in shaping and disseminating the institutional Maintenance of Certification Program for the benefit of DOM faculty.
Quality program activities include: inventorying QPS activities across the DOM;v
hosting a visiting professor;sponsoring a symposium and poster session;dissemination of information to division faculty meetings;and increasing DOM representation in forums across the campus including the Clinical Leadership Council (of Vice Chairs) and the SOM strategic planning process.
- Move to formalize our quality programs by inventorying each division
- Develop a quality dashboard for each division, aligning required quality metrics with those of the hospital, standardizing a core set of performance metrics across divisions
- Align QPS activities across the DOM divisions.
To achieve these aims, we plan to grow the size of the program in conjunction with UCH.