Department of Medicine Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice Pilot Grant Program
The Department of Medicine aims to support faculty, staff and trainees in their efforts to promote diversity, equity, inclusion and justice on and around the University of Colorado Anschutz Campus. This pilot program was designed to support projects that further DEIJ efforts among our local community and have the potential to inspire change in academic medicine and patient care.
Applications are currently closed and will reopen in Fall of 2024.
Potential Areas of Focus Could Include:
- Addressing Bias in Training, Hiring, Support and Promotion in the DOM
- Creating or Expanding Mentorship Opportunities within DOM Focused on Advancing or Supporting Careers of Individuals from Marginalized or Minoritized Groups
- Disseminating Current Practices within DOM Divisions, Labs or Workgroups that Promote a Diverse and Equitable Work Environment
- Addressing Disparities in Healthcare Delivery or Outcomes
- Innovation to Address Social Determinants of Health
- Community Outreach with Traditionally Marginalized Groups
- Advocacy for Health Promotion or Social Justice at the Community, City or State Level
Maximum of $5,000 for a one-year period. Smaller funding requests may be given priority to maximize opportunities for funding.