We offer 5 training tracks: categorical, hospitalist, primary care, physician scientist training program, and a preliminary year.
- Categorical: the foundation of the residency and of the Department of Medicine emphasizing outstanding, individualized clinical training in diverse care settings with graduated autonomy
- Hospitalist: the very first hospitalist training program in the country, takes a novel approach to preparing residents for a future as a hospitalist or hospital-based specialist
- Primary Care: one of the preeminent training programs for residents wishing to focus on the total care of the patient with a diversity of experiences and unique training environments
- PSTP: a Physician-Scientist training pathway with specialized curriculum geared towards physician scientists where graduates “short-track” to fellowship in two years.
- Preliminary: We offer one year preliminary spots for interns who go on to specialize in fields such as Anesthesia, Dermatology, Neurology, Ophthalmology, PM&R, Radiology and others. Preliminary interns are fully integrated into the same rotations and the categorical, hospitalist and primary care interns.