Thank you for your interest in the University of Colorado School of Medicine Internal Medicine Residency Training Program.
- We will accept only applications submitted to us electronically through ERAS. If you are an international medical graduate, you must apply to our
program through an ECFMG office.
- The minimum required USMLE Step 1 score is 225. We expect that individuals have passed the exams in their first attempt and performed competitively. We do accept COMLEX scores in lieu of USMLE. The minimum required COMLEX score is 600.
- We require one month of clinical experience in a U.S. healthcare system. We do not count observerships or research as clinical experience.
- We require a chairman's letter and three letters of recommendation with application which is a total of 4 letters. Chairman's letter is optional for preliminary applicants.
- For those applying after serving in the armed forces after medical school graduation, we require a chairman's letter from your time at medical school and strongly suggest one of your letters of recommendation be from your current commanding officer.
- You must have graduated from medical school within the last two (2) years. International Medical Graduate's must be ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates) certified
at the time of your application or far enough along in the application
process that you will receive certification no later than February 1 of
the year in which you plan to match.
- Residents in our program must be a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent
resident, refugee, asylee, or possess the appropriate documentation to
allow a resident to legally train at the University of Colorado Denver
School of Medicine.
The University of Colorado is unable to offer observerships or
externships to anyone who has already graduated from medical school.