Plan de Salud del Valle, Inc. (Salud) is a federally qualified health center that provides quality, comprehensive primary health services to residents of a defined catchment area in Northeastern Colorado, covering parts of Weld, Boulder, Adams, Larimer, Morgan and Logan Counties. Salud aims to improve the overall health of the communities it serves by reducing barriers to health care, including ability to pay, transportation, and language. Salud provides health care services without regard to age, sex, or disease process. Salud has a firm commitment to provide care to all people, and does not turn patients away based on finances, insurance coverage, or ability to pay. Patients seen include those of all ages and with all presenting problems, including a broad range of psychiatric and medical diagnoses. Salud is committed to an integrated care model including full dental services, placing mental health practitioners in all of the clinics, and utilizing patient educators to support the medical staff with diabetes and weight management (including nutrition) and tobacco cessation.
Salud has established that services will be provided:
- To migrant and seasonal farm workers and the poor and near-poor populations as the priority clientele.
- With cultural and linguistic understanding and sensitivity.
- With programs designed to eliminate or reduce the barriers to health care through the establishment of a network of clinics and provision of outreach and transportation services.
- With financial charges based on ability to pay through the utilization of income and size of family as key factors in a sliding-fee scale.
- With mechanisms through which quality secondary and tertiary health care can be obtained.
- With the ultimate goal of significantly improving health status of Salud's population.
Given Salud’s population, it is strongly recommended that interns are either fluent or proficient in Spanish.