What is evaluation and why do we do it?
- Evaluation involves collecting data about the process and impact of educational experiences on students, faculty, and the institution.
- Data is used to support continuous improvement of the educational program and meet standards for accreditation
- Multiple sources of data are used
Different Types of Evaluation Data
- Surveys about quality of curriculum components (i.e., Course, Lecturer, Small Group Facilitator)
- End of phase surveys (overall impressions of curriculum and specific measures of attitudes and behavior)
- Focus groups
- Student assessment data
- Faculty input
- AAMC questionnaires
Opens in a new window Opens document in a new window