The Pediatric Anesthesiology Fellowship has a comprehensive educational curriculum including:
- Twice weekly morning conferences covering core pediatric anesthesia topics
- Weekly fellows conference covering advanced topics, including case discussions, journal clubs, professionalism workshops, practice management and quality improvement lectures.
- Weekly departmental grand rounds
- Monthly departmental morbidity & mortality conference
- Quarterly journal club
- Multidisciplinary simulation and crew resource management training
- Mock oral board exam preparation
- Access to online didactic curricula
The Pediatric Anesthesiology fellows are required to present at departmental morning lectures and moderate at least two problem-based learning discussions. They are also expected to participate in departmental research activities and complete a QI project under the mentorship of a faculty member. They are strongly encouraged to present abstracts and posters at the annual meetings of the SPA/AAP and the ASA.